Health for Two
Pregnancy is a memorable time of pampering, comforting and nourishing both mom and baby. It is very important to think of gaining weight the right way, the healthy way. Fill out the healthy way by putting a lot of thought into your meals.
Contrary to the myth that expectant moms are “eating for two”, pregnant women need only about 300 calories more per day to keep themselves and their unborn children healthy.
Debunking this myth is one positive way of approaching your pregnancy and focusing more on consuming functional foods that achieve a nutritional balance. You need:
- To look for chemical compounds in food to deliver the proper nutrients necessary for your daily nourishment while expecting.
- To consider calorie and portion control without compromising the consumption of good-tasting meals to enjoy during your pregnancy.
To take the guesswork out of coming up with the right balanced and healthy eats during your pregnancy, The Sexy Chef has come up with a health & wellness food program for the eager and health-conscious mother-to-be and her little baby.
Health for Two is suited for pregnant mothers who wish to consume a nutritious and well-balanced diet during pregnancy that ensures an adequate intake of nutrients while gaining weight at the right rate. This plan can serve as a guide for designing your own pregnancy eating plan.
This eating plan has been adapted for The Sexy Chef by U.S. Certified Nutritionist Nadine Tengco and supervised by Dr. Joey Shinshioco(OB-GYN-Perinatology).
Because every pregnant woman is different, and as it is with any food plan, it’s always best to consult your doctor or health care provider who would know best about your individual unique health and nourishment needs.
One Day Sample Menu:
- BREAKFAST – VEGETABLE OMELETE
WALTER BREAD & LITE BUTTER
- SNACK 1 – ORANGE & STRING CHEESE
- LUNCH – MORINGA PESTO FISH
- LUNCH – MEDITERRANEAN RICE
- SNACK 2 – OATMEAL COOKIE
- DINNER – ALBONDIGAS
- DINNER – ROASTED ASPARAGUS
- DESSERT – BUCO PANDAN